Lead nurturing is the process of building relationships with potential customers through a series of actions such as email campaigns, webinars, and educational content, in order to guide them through the sales funnel and convert them into customers.
Lead nurturing is especially important in B2B marketing, where the sales process can be longer and more complex. It involves creating a tailored series of touchpoints that are designed to educate and engage potential customers, and to build trust and credibility with them. The goal is to keep the lead engaged and to move them through the sales funnel by providing them with relevant information as they move towards a potential purchase.
Lead nurturing can be done through various channels such as email, social media, webinars, and other types of content. When done well, businesses will segment audiences and personalize their communication with leads, and to provide them with information tailored to their specific needs and interests. By nurturing leads in this way, businesses can increase the chances of converting them into paying customers.
To dive deeper into the topic of lead nurturing, here are experts to consider following. I’ve had the pleasure of working with some of them on webinars.
- Ardath Albee – Ardath is a B2B marketing strategist and CEO of her own firm, Marketing Interactions. She is known for her expertise in lead nurturing and has written several books on the topic, including “Digital Relevance: Developing Marketing Content and Strategies that Drive Results.”*
- Brian Carroll – Brian is the CEO and founder of markempa, a B2B marketing consulting firm. He is a recognized expert in lead generation and lead nurturing and has authored several books, including “Lead Generation for the Complex Sale“
- Matt Heinz – Matt is the President of Heinz Marketing, a B2B marketing and sales acceleration firm. He is a thought leader in lead generation and lead nurturing and has been named one of the Top 50 Most Influential People in Sales Lead Management by the Sales Lead Management Association.
- David Meerman Scott – David is a marketing strategist and bestselling author of several books, including “The New Rules of Marketing and PR.” He is known for his expertise in inbound marketing and lead nurturing and has spoken at numerous conferences on these topics.
- Jill Rowley – Jill is a social selling evangelist and B2B sales expert. She is known for her expertise in lead nurturing and has been recognized as a Top 50 Social Selling Influencer by Forbes.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.